case study: cinebistro
CinéBistro, a luxury dinner-and-a-movie theatre with reserved seating, chef-prepared cuisine, premium cocktails and full in-theatre service with locations all over the U.S., turned to S&A Communications to introduce the CinéBistro brand to a new market and generate buzz and build brand awareness for the grand opening at New Waverly Place in Cary, N.C.
Employ a hyper-targeted, highly-strategic approach to introduce CinéBistro to an unfamiliar market and help the luxury movie theater become part of the targeted consumers’ consideration set.
- Public relations, including an aggressive media relations campaign, CinéBistro “behind-the-scenes” access to select media, series of staggered press releases and media outreach for milestone news, focused campaign to highlight fine dining, and a media luncheon tour
- Promotional social media contest designed to build excitement and buzz around a chance to win a luxurious night out, cross-promote on radio, direct mail pieces and through guerilla marketing
- Print advertising in selected, upscale lifestyle publications in Cary and Raleigh (Cary Magazine, Walter Magazine)
- Digital marketing, including SEM, PPC campaign, analytics reporting and email marketing
- Produced an on-location 30-second television commercial which ran locally in a concentrated 4-week schedule on targeted networks including HGTV, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network and Time Warner Cable News networks, as well as during key programming including Project Runway and Food Network Star programs
- Plan and manage a VIP Grand opening event; invite locals that fit the target demographic for a sneak peek of the CinéBistro experience just days before their grand opening
- Cultivate a relationship with an appropriate charity and create an exposure opportunity for the charity. Develop charitable tie-in; donate a percentage of sales of specially developed desserts and beverages to the local charity, Kay Yow Cancer Foundation, throughout the grand opening period
- S&A tracked over 92 pickups from local media outlets. They ranged from blog posts and postings of press releases to full-length articles. CinéBistro was featured in the article, “One-stop movie, dinner date” on the front page of the News & Observer in its July 13 issue. Other prominent pickups included Indy Week, BOOM! Magazine, Triangle Business Journal, Time Warner Cable News, Cary News, Triangle Food Blog and a post on the Cary Mayor’s blog
- Reached building capacity with the number of people at the VIP Grand Opening event
- CinéBistro continues to use the television commercial to promote the brand and grand openings of other locations around the country
- CinéBistro donated a generous percentage of grand opening sales to the Kay Yow Cancer fund
- The PPC campaign had a result of 475 clicks and 288,212 impressions. The average position of CinéBistro’s ads were 1.0 (positioned in the top spot when they ran)
- S&A placed an article on carymagazine.com on CinéBistro’s grand opening that received more than 500 page views