S&A Communications is an integrated marketing agency that grew from deep-seated PR roots and evolved into a team of strategic marketing professionals whose driving goal is to help our clients outthink, outwork and outperform their competition. Our account team, graphic design team and digital team have received numerous awards and recognition for their work. Our diverse clients looks to us for marketing, public relations, advertising, graphic design, and digital marketing and design services.
Since we have a small account team and a collaborative approach, we offer a unique, hands-on learning experience for a college student.
The PR/Marketing Intern works closely with the account team, internal design teams, and may also gain experience working directly with clients and vendors. The position is managed by and reports directly to Deneen Bloom, Director of Client Services.
The PR/Marketing Intern is a temporary, part-time position primarily focused on providing support for the account team, assisting with various tasks determined by client needs and work flow.
Responsibilities and opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting press releases, ad copy, blogging
- Media list development and maintenance
- Distributing press releases, conducting media outreach, participating in media events
- Researching story ideas for The North Carolina 100
- Writing (and ghost writing) stories for the North Carolina 100 with the opportunity to be published
- Monitoring and expanding brands through social media (posting as needed)
- Conducting research
- Collaborating with account team and creative teams, as needed
- Preparing account service-related documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, and other client communications and correspondence
- Quality control, proofreading and verifying production specs
- Assisting with vendor management, such as obtaining quotes, etc.
- Fielding and processing internal information requests
- Staying current with the latest PR, marketing and social media trends
- Administrative and support duties as requested
Candidates’ skill sets should include:
- Excellent communication skills particularly writing aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- High level of organization
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
- Computer competency and software skills compatible with job responsibilities
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business
Hours per week are mutually agreed upon by the PR/Marketing Intern and supervisor. Generally, an intern works 10-15 hours per week. Expectations include meeting deadlines, professional conduct and communication, careful proofreading and a desire to learn and have fun.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.