S&A Communications is an integrated marketing agency that grew from deep-seated PR roots and evolved into a team of strategic marketing professionals whose driving goal is to help our clients outthink, outwork and outperform their competition. Our account team, graphic design team and digital team have received numerous awards and recognition for their work. Our diverse clients looks to us for marketing, public relations, advertising, graphic design, and digital marketing and design services.
Since we have a small account team and a collaborative approach, we offer a unique, hands-on learning experience for a college student.
The PR/Marketing Intern works closely with the account team, internal design teams, and may also gain experience working directly with clients and vendors. The position is managed by and reports directly to Deneen Bloom, Director of Client Services.
The PR/Marketing Intern is a temporary, part-time position primarily focused on providing support for the account team, assisting with various tasks determined by client needs and work flow.
Responsibilities and opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting press releases, ad copy, blogging
- Media list development and maintenance
- Distributing press releases, conducting media outreach, participating in media events
- Researching story ideas for The North Carolina 100
- Writing (and ghost writing) stories for the North Carolina 100 with the opportunity to be published
- Monitoring and expanding brands through social media (posting as needed)
- Conducting research
- Collaborating with account team and creative teams, as needed
- Preparing account service-related documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, and other client communications and correspondence
- Quality control, proofreading and verifying production specs
- Assisting with vendor management, such as obtaining quotes, etc.
- Fielding and processing internal information requests
- Staying current with the latest PR, marketing and social media trends
- Administrative and support duties as requested
Candidates’ skill sets should include:
- Excellent communication skills particularly writing aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- High level of organization
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
- Computer competency and software skills compatible with job responsibilities
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business
Hours per week are mutually agreed upon by the PR/Marketing Intern and supervisor. Generally, an intern works 10-15 hours per week. Expectations include meeting deadlines, professional conduct and communication, careful proofreading and a desire to learn and have fun.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are looking for a part-time, on-site graphic designer to work in our creative, collaborative and collegial agency in Cary. We handle a variety of projects for clients in the public relations, marketing, events and publication industries. You could be designing business cards one day and a lifestyle magazine or trade journal the next. This job is 20 hours per week, but our business is growing and, for the right person, this could become a full-time position.
- Professional, with a strong work ethic and a great attitude exemplifying excellence, integrity and team spirit
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with seasoned creative and marketing teams
- Able to communicate visual concepts to non-visual people
- Knowledgeable about marketing and communication principles
- Versatile and nimble, with the ability to produce quality deliverables on many kinds of projects
- Develop attractive, appropriate layouts for magazines and journals
- Read and understand editorial content provided by editors and reporters
- Develop graphics for company logos and collateral, brochures, advertisements, social media, etc.
- Confer with internal and external clients in a professional, constructive manner
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Exercise a great deal of creativity and latitude to meet clients’ expectations
- Proactively manage projects
- Work well under tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of design principles, concepts and practices
- Expert knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- At least 3 years of professional experience (agency work preferred)
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume, cover letter and a link to your online portfolio to Teresa Kriegsman. Resumes submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.