case study: atlantic tire & service
Atlantic Tire & Service (ATS), a locally owned automotive service center with locations in Cary, Raleigh and Durham, North Carolina, has committed itself to the Triangle area since opening shop in 1998. From giving generous monetary donations, to actively participating in local community events, ATS has earned itself an esteemed reputation among the Triangle residents as well as numerous awards for excellence in business ethics. The challenge was driving car counts and sales and effectively building brand awareness in new ways.
- S&A began by defining the ATS brand promise and developing a sound marketing strategy with solid objectives.
- The marketing goals included building brand awareness, driving car counts and increasing top line sales using a cohesive, branded voice with tactics designed to encourage new trial, build visit frequency and boost ticket averages.
- Combine traditional PR and non-traditional PR, including press releases, media outreach, published editorial content, a website redesign and social media to promote and leverage ATS’s extensive community involvement.
- Communicate with customers through email newsletters as well as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Yelp.
- Plan informative on and off-site car care clinics throughout the year to engage with potential and current customers, positioning ATS as the go-to local automotive service expert.
- Car counts increased by 13 percent year over year (2014 vs. 2013)
- Sales increased 3.4 percent year over year (2014 vs. 2013)