S&A Communications Owner Chuck Norman to Lead PRSA’s Counselors Academy in 2019
Chuck Norman, APR, owner and principal of S&A Communications in Raleigh, N.C., will serve as the 2019 Chair of Public Relations Society of America’s Counselors Academy, the section focused on the business of public relations agencies. In addition, the group named five new members to its Executive Committee and announced its 2019 officers.
The new members joining Norman on the Executive Committee are Kate Snyder, APR, owner and principal strategist of Piper & Gold Public Relations in Lansing, Mich.; Darolyn Davis, principal-in-charge of Davis & Associates Communications, Inc., in San Francisco, Calif.; LaTricia Woods, APR, president and owner of Mahogany Xan Communications, LLC in Phoenix, Ariz.; Rory Carlton, principal of Arketi Group in Atlanta, Ga.; and Janet Tyler, president and founder of True Depth in Detroit, Mich.
Norman has been active in Counselors Academy since 2008 and joined the Executive Committee in 2013. In 2015, he chaired Counselors Academy Spring Conference in Laguna Hills, Calif. Norman has held leadership roles within PRSA, the PRSA North Carolina Chapter and the Raleigh Public Relations Society.
“As an agency leader, involvement in Counselors Academy serves as an essential resource while advancing through agency management,” said Norman. “The Academy helps build real relationships with fellow industry leaders, and I look forward to continuing the growth of the Counselors Academy with this dynamic executive committee.”
The 2019 officers for Counselors Academy are:
- Chuck Norman, APR, owner and principal of S&A Communications in Raleigh, N.C., as Chair.
- Dana Phelps, CEO of Clairemont Communications in Raleigh, N.C., as Past-Chair.
- Alison King, president of Media Profile in Toronto, as Chair-Elect.
- Jon Goldberg, CEO of Reputation Architects, Inc., in Roseland, N.J., as Secretary/Treasurer.
Serving as Members-at-Large on the 2019 Executive Committee for Counselors Academy are:
- Greg Abel president of Abel Communications in Baltimore, Md., and 2019 Spring Conference Co-Chair
- Brenda Jones Barwick, APR, president and CEO of Jones PR in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Rory Carlton, principal of Arketi Group in Atlanta, Ga.
- Darolyn Davis, principal-in-charge of Davis & Associates Communications, Inc., in San Francisco, Calif.
- Filomena Fanelli, CEO and founder of Impact PR & Communications in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Kate Finley, CEO and founder of Belle Communication in Columbus, Ohio
- Natalie Ghidotti, APR, principal of Ghidotti Communications in Little Rock, Ark.
- Rebecca Mosley, founding partner of Kiterocket in Seattle, Wash.
- Kate Snyder, APR, owner and principal strategist of Piper & Gold Public Relations in Lansing, Mich.
- Jennifer Thompson, president of Thompson & Co. PR, in Anchorage, Alaska, and 2019 Spring Conference Chair
- Janet Tyler, president and founder of True Depth in Detroit, Mich., and ex-officio member
- LaTricia Woods, APR, president and owner of Mahogany Xan Communications, LLC in Phoenix, Ariz.
The Counselors Academy was founded in 1960 and is PRSA’s first professional Interest Section that is dedicated to helping PRSA members succeed through access to collaborative peer relationships, meaningful professional development and education programs. The Academy focuses on the business of agency PR. Its entrepreneurial members are owners or senior managers of leading independent firms in the U.S. and Canada. Counselors Academy’s programs foster networking, mentoring and learning, and the Executive Committee consists of 16 senior-level public relations professionals from across the country.