Why use WordPress for your website?
- November 14, 2016
- Author: Jim Sleeper
- Category: Design, Digital
WordPress has become, by far, the most-used website content management system (CMS) available today. From creating a simple blog managed on your laptop to developing a full-scale website for some of the world’s best-known brands, WordPress is amazingly versatile.
Benefits of WordPress
- Universality: Millions of websites run on WordPress, and developers build thousands of plug-ins for items such as surveys, forms and events. If you use WP, then most designers will be able to work with your site in the future.
- Ease of use: With WordPress, you can handle many smaller, day-to-day content changes without learning code.
- Cost effectiveness: When compared to coding from scratch, WordPress is much more cost-effective. The basic application is free, and there are many low-cost plug-ins and add-ons we can use to achieve your desired functionality. WordPress is compatible with all major web-hosting services.
- SEO adaptability: WordPress makes search engine optimization easy, with optimization fields built in to every page. It is simple to add the page title information, meta data and image alt tags that search engines like Google index.
Interesting facts about WordPress
- 26% of all websites globally use WordPress
- 50,000 WordPress.com websites are being launched daily
- The New York Times, People Magazine, National Geographic and Forbes use WordPress for their sites
- 5 billion blog posts have been written with WordPress
- WordPress is most popular with business websites
- 6 million sites depend on WordPress
- WordPress was first released in May 2003. In just 13 years, it has become the world’s most popular website content management system.
Are you interested in a WordPress website? S&A Communications’ digital department can help you with any aspect of your WordPress site. Call us today for more information.